Global Edge Data Center Market Report 2022: A $9.3 Billion Market in 2022
DUBLIN, July 18, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “Edge Data Centers – Global Market Trajectory and Analysis” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
Global Edge Data Center Market to Reach US$18.1 billion by 2026
The global Edge Data Center market estimated at US$9.3 billion in 2022, is expected to reach a revised size of US$18.1 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 17% over the analysis period.
With increasing data volumes, latency issues, and reduced data processing seen in large data centers, there is a growing trend toward edge data centers. In edge data center applications, the rapid advancements seen in 5G, IoT, and IoE are expected to allow computing to move to the network edge to achieve better latencies. which will further stimulate the emergence of new small-scale edge data centers around the world.
AI is an important trend with significant implications for data centers, as the technology can be vital in addressing issues such as unplanned downtime, especially those attributed to human error or machine failure. power and cooling. With deep learning and machine learning algorithms providing condition-based maintenance for a data center’s critical power infrastructure, data centers can reduce costs and improve efficiency related to vital components such as as powering, cooling and managing the data center infrastructure.
Another notable trend observed is the increasing rate at which in-house data centers are being transformed into third-party service providers to reap management and cost advantages.
Solutions, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.9% to reach US$14.1 billion at the end of the analysis period. After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and the induced economic crisis, the growth of the Services segment is readjusted to a revised CAGR of 19.8% for the next 7-year period. This segment currently accounts for a 26.7% share of the global edge data center market.
The US market is estimated at $4.3 billion in 2022, when China is expected to reach $1.6 billion by 2026
The Edge Data Center market in the United States is estimated at US$4.3 billion in 2022. The country currently accounts for a 45.7% share of the global market. Chinaworld’s second largest economy, is expected to reach an estimated market size of US$1.6 billion in 2026 with a CAGR of 17.8% over the analysis period.
Other notable geographic markets include Japan and Canada, each predicting growth of 14.9% and 14.7% respectively over the analysis period. In Europe, Germany is expected to grow at around 15.7% CAGR while the rest of the European market (as defined in the study) will reach US$943.9 million at the end of the analysis period. The growing number of smart city initiatives in countries around the world is also driving the growth of edge computing.
North America dominates the global edge computing market, owing to the increasing acceptance of the technology and the adequate presence of large market players and startups in the developed countries, such as the United States. Furthermore, the high consumer disposable income is expected to enable the region to maintain its dominance in the global market in the coming years.
In Asia Pacificthe market growth would be mainly driven by the digital boom in countries such as China, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Indiaand Indonesia. Additionally, increasing disposable income and increasing penetration of edge computing-based products such as smart home appliances, electric vehicles, and fitness trackers are expected to grow in the regional market.
Asia Pacific which has reported an increase in cloud traffic is therefore expected to become the key market for edge computing solutions as the region transitions to edge computing solutions from cloud computing services. Governments and commercial organizations in the region are expected to increasingly opt for local storage and processing of data.
In the developed countries of Europe and North America, several smart city initiatives have been launched in recent years and the number is increasing even in ME and Asian regions. These initiatives lead to an increase in the implementation of edge computing by telecommunications companies, responsible for deploying the necessary networks.
What’s new for 2022?
- Global competitiveness and percentage market shares of main competitors
- Market presence in multiple geographies – Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial
- Peer-to-peer collaborative online interactive updates
- Access to the publisher’s digital archives and research platform
- Free updates for one year
Main topics covered:
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Data centers are the backbone of the modern digital economy
- The surge in edge computing fueled by pandemic-induced digitization shines a light on data centers
- Edge Data Centers: What are they? Why are they important and what benefits do they offer?
- Recent market activity
2. FOCUS ON CERTAIN PLAYERS (Total 98 Featured)
- 365 data centers
- Amazon Web Services, Inc.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Compass Data Centers, LLC
- DC BLOX Inc.
- Dell Technologies, Inc.
- Eaton Corporation PLC
- EdgeConneX Inc.
- Fog horn systems
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- International Commercial Machinery Society
- Litmus Automation Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Nokia Company
- Ricoh Company, Ltd.
- Rittal GmbH and Co. KG
- SAGUNA LTD Network
- Schneider Electric SE
- SixSq SA
- IO Steam, Inc.
- Vertiv Corporation Group
- VMware, Inc.
3. MARKET TRENDS AND DRIVERS
- Robust Outlook for Edge Computing Is the Cornerstone of Edge Data Center Growth
- Data, intelligence and computing are moving rapidly to the network edge
- Edge data centers are increasingly built on the concept of modularity. here’s why
- The concept of modularity to help move micro data centers to the edge at faster speed to market
- Edge data centers pave the way for Smart Factory and Industry 4.0 applications
- Heavy IIoT Spending to Benefit Edge Computing and Edge Data Centers
- Adoption of Edge Computing in Smart Cities to Drive Demand for Edge Data Centers
- The focus on redesigning the city’s resilience to future pandemics and crises will drive rejuvenated spending for smart city projects in the post-COVID-19 era, providing a wealth of opportunity for edge computing and edge data centers
- The Rise of Digital Health Emphasizes Edge Computing and Edge Data Centers
- Accelerating pace of connected care adoption creates opportunities for edge computing
- As Edge Computing Becomes an Indispensable Part of Connected Healthcare, Edge Data Centers Will Gain Immense Importance
- As retail is pushed towards edge computing, under pressure from digitization goals, edge data centers are becoming a critical part
- As Smart Retail Evolves, Edge Data Centers Become Critical to Realizing the Promised Benefits of Edge Computing
- Real-Time Augmented Reality/VR Real-Time Processing Needs Drive Demand for Edge Data Centers
- Rising Popularity of Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and Augmented Reality Drives Demand for Edge Computing and Drives Parallel Investments in Edge Data Centers
- Metaverse Drives Interest in Edge Data Centers
- Metaverse Creates a Strong Business Case for Edge Data Centers
- Edge Data Centers’ Role in AI-Based Voice Assistance Expands
- Autonomous vehicles to increase the need for edge data centers
4. GLOBAL MARKET OUTLOOK
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ojqt7o
Research and Markets
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For USA/CAN call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets